Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Update: answered prayers and continued attack

Following on to the good news from the previous post, Tom is doing well in Poland. Here is a note he sent to Connection Ministries, forwarded on by Jerry Waggener:

Thanks Pastor Jerry for the support, prayers and love. Indeed I am happy to be in Poland almost week now. I am spending much time resting in bed and enjoying the presence of my family.
Anna is happy I am here and that she can help take good care of me.
My broken thigh bone (Femur) is responding well and this is my 7th week. They say on the internet that it take 8-12 weeks to recover almost fully so I am praying that by then it is well. So I am really resting and thanks for prayers.

Regards

Tom

Evans also continues to do better. He's still recovering and wrote yesterday, "I have to visit the hospital again, but all in all God has been gracious to me and now I am well." He also wrote that the children are doing fine and always ask about their friends from America.

We praise God for the positive developments, but at the same time Satan has not relented in his attacks - a couple of weeks ago, the church lost one of their senior members to malaria. George Ochieng was a leader at the church, serving as an interpreter during Sunday services. In the midst of their continuing loss and with the leaders that remain stretched ever thinner, they need to see God move in power and repel Satan's continual attacks.


Summon Your power, O God; show us Your strength, O God, as You have done before.
Psalm 68:28

No comments:

Post a Comment