Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Stories

It was so sweet. Today we played with the kids for a couple hours in the afternoon and then walked back to the church with them, where they sleep. Two hands may mean you can only hold the hands of two kids but you have wrists and arms too, which means at least 5 or 6 kids can certainly walk with you. It was challenging to walk surround as we were, tripping over kids in front, kicking those behind, and trying to move the kids on both sides so that other pedestrians can pass. It was adorable one of the girls that was holding my hand saw that her friend wanted to walk with me too. So she shifted her grasp so that her friend could hold on to my pinkie. It was so cute amd so very humbling.
Actually, that was only the first thing today that made me feel completely inadequate. As we were walking back to the new building one the young men that helps at the church and the orphange was telling me about his childhood, when he didn't have shoes. I had no idea what to say -- what do I know of that? No response seemed appropriate. But even as I couldn't figure out what to say, he concluded: God has always been so faithful to me -- a kid who didn't know this day would ever come, a day when I would be wearing shoes.

4 comments:

  1. It's amazing how much love and providence God can show through a pair of shoes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Alisha, my comments are not getting through!I have posted twice and still not acknowledged. My prayers continue always.
    Love,
    bb

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohoh! discovered the reason, I did not do the puzzle! Megan is visiting; we went to the Holocaust Museum today - so dreadful, very silent. One can only recount the blessings at hand and be shamed for any complaints!
    Isaiah 58:11 is my prayer for you and your group.
    Joy,
    bb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blessings abound with your loving attendance with these children. Tomorrow, the 24th -- a new adventure. I found an old promise card of mine tucked away in a drawer and am sending the message on to you - Isaiah 54:10

    ReplyDelete