Sunday, September 19, 2010

Yesterday

Yesterday was a day and a half -- but it was completely worth it: We went on safari at Masai Mara National park. It was incredible, sitting 10 yards away from a zebra or wilderbeast (who seem rather expendable). Did you know they have hippos here? Well, they do and God let us see one out of the water! They look like the pictures (only 3D :0). I'll let the others fill you in on the other animals we saw but my favorite animal that we saw were the warthogs (Pumba). I think they look like javelinas that kneel while the eat.
All the animals really testified to God's handiwork as did the landscape; Miles of Nebraska-like grassland broken up only by a tree once every quarter mile or more. Surrounding the plain were rolling hill that looked, to me, NM's sagebrush covered hills. Only these bushes were not sagebrush and they were armed with 2 inch spines!
This post could easily be a couple of pages long, but I'll resist.

P.S. I got my final bag, which is good because it had soccer balls and my sunscreen, that will hopefully keep me from returning home a crispy red crab.

1 comment:

  1. Hey AP will you give Mary a bouncyball? What happened to the boy on the flight? JJ

    ReplyDelete