Saturday, June 2, 2012

I just wanted to say a few words about the amazing day we have had so far. There is a young man named Justin, whom we had met through our informal Swahili teacher that greets us outside the place we are staying every morning. Yesterday, he asked to accompany us and listened to Gerald and I teach. He told me today that he is from Mumbasa and was raised Muslim. He also said he was very moved by what we said and liked how we answered questions. He read the verses in the material and listened and now requested my email address. Anneliese gave him her Bible and he promised to e-mail me with any questions.

The other major event so far is that we did house to house visitation in the slum. These are people who are either involved with Victory Christian Centre, or the neighbors of someone who is. We crowded into homes that were maybe 100 square feet. The people were very gracious. They shared with us how we could pray for them and we did. The power of God is present, even in these dark and desperate places. We prayed for jobs, for serious illnesses to be healed, for protection, and for the children to do well. No one goes into Korogocho and then goes back to America to complain. Your home is a castle. Your food is a feast. Do me a favor and thank God for the amazing blessings you enjoy. I know I am.

We are grabbing a late lunch at Tom and Anna's and then to the crusade. Zach and Tom will be preaching, but pray for Tom, as he has been ill during our visit. I don't think there is a connection....

Zach and I will preach at church in the moring and then I will join Tom preaching at the crusade tomorrow. This is all so powerful and humbling. God is good. God is great and worthy to be praised.

No comments:

Post a Comment